With the summer season all-but over and the new fall season only just gearing up, new episodes of genre shows are a little thin on the ground, but still very possible to find. Also, Son of Zorn premieres!
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
Teen Titans Go!, 6/5C, Cartoon Network
“Booty Scooty” (S03E06)
150th episode! Aw, and we remember when this heroes-as-normal-kids spin-off was just a glimmer in a hopeful DC exec’s eye…
Steven Universe, 7/6C, Cartoon Network
“Future Boy Zoltron” (S04E05)
Less world-saving than usual, here, as Steven breaks an arcade fortune teller and promptly takes its place…
Also, Syfy is running a Z-Nation marathon today, so if you haven’t checked in with this lighter-toned Walking Dead knock-off, now might be the time. Or, y’know. Not.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6
Zoo, 9/8C, CBS
“Pangaea” (S02E12); “Clementine” (S02E13)
In this two-part second season finale to the James Patterson adaptation, this live-action Zootopia/The X-Files hybrid thinks it might have found a way to stop the animals’ revenge…
From Dusk Till Dawn, 9/8C, El Rey Network
Kate is evil now, and Seth and Richie are crime lords. But where is Santanico? And with Carlito and Malvada dead, who is our new villain? (Even more villainous than our heroes, that is…)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
Mr. Robot, 10/9C, USA
Its wheels within wheels and realities within realities as Elliot has hacker doubts. Meanwhile, the while the FBI is on his trail…
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
Teen Titans Go!, 6/5C, Cartoon Network
“Who’s Laughing Now?” (S03E07)
Beauty and the Beast, 9/8C, CW
“No Way Out” (S04E12)
Yeah, this show is still on. Season 4! Weird, right?
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
Dark Matter, 10/9C, Syfy
“Wish I’d Spaced You When I Had the Chance” (S02E11); “Sometimes in Life You Don’t Get to Choose” (S02E12)
In this double episode, our space-based crew of amnesiacs decides to get real names. Just kidding! They’re sticking with those numbers till the end…
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11
Son of Zorn, 8/7C, Fox
PREMIERE “Return to Orange County” (S01E01)
An animated barbarian of the Conan school arrives in live-action California and tries to reconnect with his long-lost live-action son. Who is – gasp! – a vegetarian.
“Pablo & Jessica” (S02E11)
The Walking Dead prequel finally has a villain!
The Last Ship, 9/8C, TNT
“Don’t Look Back” (S03E13)
In a season finale that could well be a series finale, the fate of the world is in the Nathan James’s somewhat careless hands. Again. Well, the crew’s hands are careless, anyway. The submarine is smarter than that.
The Strain, 10/9C, FX
“First Born” (S02E03)
The Occido Lumen is stolen! Oh no, not our stupid-name book that holds the key to killing the vampires… er… Strigoi! THIS CANNOT STAND.
NEW TO DVD AND BLU-RAY
- Charlie’s Angels: The Complete Series. Revisit the original ass-kicking chicks… BUY
- CSI: Cyber: Season 2. Just when you thought the science of CSI could not get more impossible… BUY
- The Flash: The Complete Second Season. You know, the one where lots of people can run really fast now. BUY
- Friday the 13th: The Complete Series. Yep, the complete series of Friday the 13th: The Series. Which actually ran for three seasons. Who knew? BUY
- Limitless: Season 1. The unsuccessful TV adaptation of the unsuccessful movie adaptation of the book. BUY
- South Park: The Complete 19th Season. 19 Seasons, you guys! BUY
- Star Trek: 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection. Happy 50th, Star Trek! Now hand over your money for stuff you probably already own, completists! BUY
- Supernatural: The Complete 11th Season. Just in time to catch up ahead of an unprecedented Season 12… BUY
- Tales from the Darkside: The Complete Series. George A. Romero’s 80s horror anthology ran for four seasons, all of which can now be yours… BUY
NEW TO NETFLIX
September 7 sees the third season of The Blacklist and Seasons 1 and 2 of the wondrous musical comedy Galavant added, while September 10 gives us the first season of CBS’s Supergirl, ahead of its move to the CW for Season 2.
Happy viewing! Until next week in geek…
Have a favorite show we sadly ignored? LET US KNOW!